Many people believe that professional entertainers are nothing more than a joke. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Professional entertainers in Ontario serve a great purpose. They help keep people entertained and content. Plus, Ontario residents love letting lose from time to time. You can pretty much guarantee that you’re easily going to be able to find work in the Ontario area. Just remember that there will always be some risks involved. If you’re not careful and do not take precautions, you may be hit with big lawsuits in the future.
What will happen if you mistake the date of your performance? The venue may hold you liable and file a lawsuit. Professional entertainers PLI insurance is a must. You’ll also want to think about speaking with a professional entertainers CGL insurance to ensure that you’re able to get the coverage that you need to protect your business. After all, you never know when someone is going to get injured during one of your performance. This happens more often than you could ever imagine.
Any legitimate professional entertainers E & O insurance company is going to tell you that PLI and CGL insurance are both necessities. You may also need additional insurance to protect yourself to the fullest. It is worth noting that you should be familiar coverages offered under a professional liability policy in the event you require special coverage required by the party hiring you. If this is the case, make sure to mention your insurance requirements to your broker and also mention it on the application of insurance.
It is true that a professional entertainers professional insurance policy can make a huge difference in the long run. Nevertheless, PLI and CGL insurance will not be able to protect you from all potential problems. It is true that you may run into many other problems. You may be used for other reasons. Below, you’ll learn about other add-ons that you may want to add to your policy.
Professional entertainers are often required to travel from one location to the next. To protect yourself from potential motor vehicle accidents, you need commercial vehicle insurance. This insurance will make a huge difference and could help you avoid a premature bankruptcy in the future.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance Recommended Limits – $2,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 aggregate
Commercial general liability insurance for professional entertainers is a must. You just never know when your performance is going to leave someone injured. You could also damage property along the way. If this happens, your CGL insurance will protect you and help you avoid paying out of pocket.
Commercial General Liability Insurance Recommended Limits – $1,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 aggregate
As a professional entertainer, there is a possibility that you’re going to be saying crazy things on stage. After all, your job is to make other people laugh. However, you need to be very cautious. If you’re not, you might be accused of libel or slander. Then, you could face a hefty libel lawsuit. Libel insurance is designed to protect you again any and all losses that you may face from a lawsuit associated with libel.
Libel Insurance Recommended Limits – $50,000 per claim / $100,000 aggregate
Understanding The Costs
At the end of the day, you must understand the that professional entertainers PLI insurance cost can vary significantly. Some entertainers take more risks than others. If your business is small and your risks are limited, your PLI insurance prices might be lower. Nevertheless, it is best to familiarize yourself with the average. The average professional entertainers E&O insurance prices will be provided below for your consideration.
- Libel Insurance – $30 a month
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance – $100 a month
- Commercial General Liability Insurance – $50 a month
- Professional Liability Insurance – $60 a month
Again, you need to understand that the professional entertainers professional insurance prices above are estimations. If you want to be positive of the prices, it is really best to acquire several professional entertained E&O insurance quotes from multiple Canadian insurance companies. In the past, this would have been a hassle. Today, it is not. We have made the process easier than ever before. All you need to do is visit our website and fill out the form to obtain a free quote.
At the same time, you should know that we’re always available by phone and email. We’re eager to get in touch with you. When you’re ready to protect your entertainment business, you’ll want to contact us right away! We’ll get you sorted out and we’ll provide you with the lowest costs possible.
Entertainer Disability Insurance
You biggest asset in life is your earning ability. If you are unable to work, you will need to rely on either your savings or borrow money to sustain your lifestyle. When these unfortunate circumstances occur, dependents and spouses are also impacted financially and emotionally.
Disability insurance coverage will provide you a monthly income benefit, usually totaling 70% to 80% of your income, when you are unable to work for a period of time due to injury or illness.
Types of disability insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Key Person Disability Insurance
- Self Employed Disability Insurance
- Mortgage Disability Insurance
- Temporary Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Disability Insurance
FAQ before purchasing entertainers professional liability insurance
- How much professional liability insurance do I need as an entertainer?
- How do I get an entertainer insurance policy?
- What does entertainers professional liability insurance cover?
- What is the difference between claims made & occurrence form of coverage?
- When will I need to be insured as an entertainer?
- What other professions need this type of insurance?
Other useful posts you should also read
- Canadian insurance companies that provide professional liability insurance for entertainers
- How does the claims process work if I get sued because of my entertainment services?
- What is the cost of entertainers professional liability insurance?
- How do I apply for an entertainer professional liability insurance policy?
- How do I qualify for coverage as an entertainer?
- What is the purpose of getting insured as an entertainer?
- How long will it take to get an insurance quote for my entertainment business?