Animal massage therapists are living the dream since they get to work with animals every day. With your knowledge of kinesiology and physiology, you can help improve the well being of your client’s precious pets. You love being able to help and you strive to do this day in and day out. Nevertheless, pet masseuses have a lot of stress to deal with. It only takes one wrong move to create problems for your clients and their animals. Since people love their pets, they’re going to take your mistake personally.
You tried your best but a lawsuit is coming your way. Having pet masseuse insurance is wise.
What Is Pet Masseuse Insurance?
You know that you face numerous risks. You’re worried that you’re going to make a clerical error or omission. You understand how your mistake could lead to additional problems including lawsuits. These concerns are enough to keep you awake at night. Aren’t you ready to put your worries to bed? If so, you should think about obtaining pet masseuse insurance. Pet masseuse insurance is another term for professional liability insurance, malpractice insurance, and errors and omissions insurance. Your pet masseuse firm needs this insurance since you never know when problems will arise.
How Pet Masseuse Insurance Helps Animal Massage Therapists
Pet masseuse insurance is a must for Canadian pet masseuses. The insurance aims to protect your business from professional liability lawsuits. Whether you’re dealing with claims of neglect or oversight, you need to protect your company and its reputation. Using pet masseuse insurance is one of the best ways to defend your pet masseuse company when you need it the most. This insurance will help you pay many of the expenses associated with lawsuits. For instance, it can help you cover the costs to hire attorneys. This is one of the biggest expenses.
Furthermore, your insurance will help you pay court costs, settlements, and judgments.
When Can I Use Pet Masseuse Insurance?
Professional liability or pet masseuse insurance is great for many circumstances but it is not always viable. In some cases, you will not be able to use this insurance. Instead, you’ll need to use general liability insurance or cyber breach insurance. Below, you’ll learn which circumstances qualify for pet masseuse insurance.
Client Misunderstandings – Did your client expect too much? You tried to explain your services thoroughly but your client might’ve wanted more for his or her pet. If their expectations were unrealistic, your client might sue you. If this happens, you can use professional liability insurance to defend your company.
Errors – This insurance also protects against claims of clerical errors. Use this insurance when you’re used due to a clerical error in the contract, email, or invoice.
Disclosure Issues – If you fail to disclose an important detail, you might get sued. Your professional liability insurance will protect you.
Deadlines – Finally, you need to use this insurance to defend yourself when you miss deadlines. You promised to massage your client’s dachshund tomorrow but isn’t going to happen. If they sue, this insurance will be there to help you deal with the lawsuit.
In addition to pet masseuse insurance, you’ll also want to obtain general liability insurance, business contents insurance, business interruption insurance, and cyber insurance.
You biggest asset in life is your earning ability. If you are unable to work, you will need to rely on either your savings or borrow money to sustain your lifestyle. When these unfortunate circumstances occur, dependents and spouses are also impacted financially and emotionally.
Disability insurance coverage will provide you a monthly income benefit, usually totaling 70% to 80% of your income, when you are unable to work for a period of time due to injury or illness.
Types of disability insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Key Person Disability Insurance
- Self Employed Disability Insurance
- Mortgage Disability Insurance
- Temporary Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Disability Insurance
Need coverage in effect? Compare the market!
FAQ before purchasing liability insurance
- How much professional liability insurance do I need?
- How do I get a liability insurance policy?
- What does professional liability insurance cover?
- What is the difference between claims made & occurrence form of coverage?
- When will I need to be insured?
- What other professions need this type of insurance?
Other useful posts you should also read
- Canadian insurance companies that provide professional liability insurance
- How does the claims process work if I get sued because of my professional services?
- What is the cost of professional liability insurance?
- How do I apply for a professional liability insurance policy?
- How do I qualify for coverage as a professional service provider?
- What is the purpose of getting insured as a professional?
- How long will it take to get an insurance quote for my business?