Do you provide landscaping services to commercial and residential clients in Ontario? If so, you should consider obtaining landscaping insurance, as it will play a major role in protecting you against the devastating effects of an accident. Landscapers are exposed to all types of risks on a daily basis, since they spend most of their time dealing with heavy trees and bushes. The only way to reduce financial loss associated with these risks is to obtain an adequate amount of insurance coverage for your company.
ProfessionalsCoverage can connect you to a broker that can advise you on the right amount of coverage you need as a contractor and then provide you an insurance policy that will cover most or all monetary judgments that otherwise would send you to bankruptcy court.
How Much Does Landscaping Insurance Cost In Ontario?
There are a variety of factors that determine the cost of landscaping and lawn care insurance. The two primary factors include coverage and exposure needs. If your exposure level is high and your coverage needs are extensive, you will be required to pay a higher premium than a business with fewer exposures and lower coverage needs. This is fairly general with most types of insurance coverages.
If your business provides edging and mowing services, you should expect to pay a different premium than a business that works with hard landscape materials, such as concrete and stone.
There are many other factors that underwriters look at to determine your business insurance cost. Learn how to save money by contacting ProfessionalsCoverage today.
Basic Lawn Care And Landscaping Insurance Coverages:
- General Liability Insurance – General liability insurance is the most common type of landscaping liability insurance. It protects against property damage and bodily injury, as well as other liabilities that your company has found to be liable. Many consumers consider GL to be a necessity, so it could earn you more contracts.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Landscapers and lawn care companies rely on a fleet of work vehicles to transport materials, supplies and equipment from one place to another. Since these vehicles are utilized for commercial purposes, the standard auto policy will not provide enough protections. Commercial auto insurance covers work vans, pickup trucks, dump trucks and utility trailers.
Other types of Insurance Coverages For Landscapers
As an owner of a landscaping business, you must protect your business, as well as your employees from loss of wages, bodily injury, medical expenses and property damage.
- Business Owners Policy (or BOP) – A BOP is a policy that combines several types of coverages together to protect the businesses against third-party claims and lawsuits. This coverage is often bundled with commercial property insurance.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance – This coverage is a necessity for any contractor company with employees. It will protect your employees if they are injured or become ill while on the job.
Apply for a landscapers insurance quote from ProfessionalsCoverage
- Steps to insure your landscaping business
- What’s needed from me to get a landscaping insurance quote
Other type of contractors we commonly insure
- Cleaning – Residential, industrial and commercial
- Painting – Residential, commercial, and industrial
- Snow plow
- Air duct cleaning
Frequently asked questions before buying landscaping insurance
- Do I Need Landscaping Insurance to be able to work in Ontario?
- How Much Landscaping Contractors Insurance Should I Have?
- How Much Does General Liability Insurance For Landscapers Cost?
- What Is Landscaper Liability Insurance?
- Are Landscaping Companies Required To Have Insurance?
- What Does a Landscaper Insurance Policy Cover in Ontario?
- Are the Subcontractors I hire Covered Under My Contractors Insurance Policy?
- As a Landscaping Contractor, Do I Need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
- Do I need insurance even if I am an Independent Landscaping Contractor?
- How Do I Become an Approved Contractor for Insurance Company Landscaping jobs?