Painting in the Ontario area can be extremely rewarding, but it doesn’t come without its risks. Paint spills, broken windows, or property damage are all risks that you face on a daily basis. Unfortunately, without the right type of painting insurance coverage just the slightest error or mishap could result in many small contractors closing their doors.
However, you can avoid this if you choose to protect your business with our ProfessionalsCoverage Business Program Insurance. Out highly trained brokers can educate you about the coverages provided under a contractors insurance policy and then proceed to help you choose the right coverage to ensure that you, your employees, and your business are protected at all times, against all risks!
Painting insurance cost
Sure, every painting contractor out there is going to be charged different amounts of different types of coverage. At the end of the day, there are a variety of factors that can determine your overall costs. Some of these factors might include your Ontario credit report, number of claims you’ve filed, and the number of years that you been in business. Employees and the specific risks that you face can also make a difference.
For instance, if you are just a one-man operation with the need for a $1,000,000 liability coverage policy, you will probably pay less than an individual that has several employees with the need for a $1,000,000 policy.
Know the Basic Painting Insurance Coverages
- General Liability Insurance – It has hard for any painting contractor in the Ontario area to get by without general liability insurance. In fact, most employers will require you to have this policy before they even hire you or your business. The policy protected you in the event that you cause bodily harm to the customer or damage their property.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Whether you are just transporting supplies or you are traveling to a jobsite, you are going to need commercial auto insurance on the vehicle that you are utilizing. Unfortunately, a real auto insurance policy just won’t cut the mustard. In the event that you get into a wreck or if a ladder falls off the van and injuries someone without commercial coverage, you are going to be facing serious consequences. Our company offer specialized commercial auto coverage from vans, trucks, and even trailers.
Other Coverage That You Might Need as a Painter
- BOP (Business Owner’s Policy) – Our BOP just basically allows you to combine a variety of different insurance policies. For instance, you can combine general liability with auto commercial insurance and errors and omissions insurance.
- Worker’s Compensation – If you have an employee that is injured on the job worker’s compensation will pay for lost wages and medical expenses.
Also worth noting is that sometimes project owners, big builders, governing bodies, municipalities, or your city may ask you to present a surety bond in order to bid on tendering jobs in addition to insurance. If this is the case, it would definitely be worth exploring applying for a bonding facility so your business can bid on jobs that are exclusive to bonded companies.
Type of contract surety bonds we provide for painting companies
- Bid bond
- Performance bond
- Labour and materials bond
- Payment bond
- Site improvement bond
- Surety’s consent to agreement
- Subdivision bond
We can help you attain these bonds. Please contact us to learn more.
Every Painters Coverage You Need In One Policy
Here at ProfessionalsCoverage we really try to offer everything that the painting contractor might need in one place. Not only can you visit out website to get a variety of quotes, but we can help you customize your business insurance needs.
Speak with one of our trained agents and he or she can help you setup you policies and get established in the business world of painting. Whether you are looking for single coverage or you want to combine policies with commercial automobiles, we have agents standing by.
Want to request a Quote?
Painter Disability Insurance
You biggest asset in life is your earning ability. If you are unable to work, you will need to rely on either your savings or borrow money to sustain your lifestyle. When these unfortunate circumstances occur, dependents and spouses are also impacted financially and emotionally.
Disability insurance coverage will provide you a monthly income benefit, usually totaling 70% to 80% of your income, when you are unable to work for a period of time due to injury or illness.
Types of Disability Insurance we offer
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Key Person Disability Insurance
- Self Employed Disability Insurance
- Mortgage Disability Insurance
- Temporary Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Disability Insurance
Other useful information
Other type of contractors we commonly insure
- Cleaning – Residential, industrial and commercial
- Painting – Residential, commercial, and industrial
- Snow plow
- Air duct cleaning
Frequently asked questions before buying Painting insurance
- Do I Need Painting Insurance to be able to work in Ontario?
- How Much Painting Contractors Insurance Should I Have?
- How Much Does General Liability Insurance For Painters Cost?
- What Is Painter’s Liability Insurance?
- Are Painters Required To Have Insurance?
- What Does a Painter’s Insurance Policy Cover in Ontario?
- Are the Subcontractors I hire Covered Under My Painter Insurance Policy?
- As a Painter, Do I Need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
- Do I need insurance even if I am an Independent Painter?
- How do I Become an Approved Contractor for Insurance Company Painting Jobs