Basic Insurance Needs
Photographers in Ontario are really fortunate. They’re able to find plenty of work. Plus, they’re able to photograph some of the most amazing sights in the world. There is a good chance that you absolutely love you career. However, you also need to be aware that life is not perfect. There is a pretty good possibility that you’re going to run into serious problems at some point in the near future. Professional liability insurance for photographer is really a necessity, since life is so unpredictable. Speak with a photographers professional liability insurance broker to find out what type of insurance you need.
Depending on your practice, there is also a possibility that you may need to obtain a sufficient amount of commercial general liability insurance for photographers. Both insurance policies are going to go above and beyond to protect you from potential lawsuits. Just imagine if you make a serious mistake and you photograph someone against their permission. There going to be angry and they’re going to sue you. This is why you should not hesitate to acquire an appropriate photographers professional insurance policy for your business. A photographer PLI insurance company will be more than happy to help you get the coverage that you need.
We recommend have a minimum of :
- $1,000,000 per claim and $2,000,000 aggregate PLI coverage
- CGL coverage of $1,000,000 per claim and $2,000,000 aggregate if your business demands it.
Rates starting at $40/month!
Other coverage options
PLI and CGL insurance will help. Nevertheless, you need to understand that photographers errors and omissions insurance coverage is only going to help so much. You’re also going to need additional coverage to ensure that your business is protected from start to finish. Below, you’ll learn more about the add-ons that you’ll want to add to your insurance policy.
When you speak with a photographers E&O insurance provider, there is a good chance that they’re going to tell you that commercial vehicle insurance is a must. After all, you cannot photograph everything from your office. You may want to venture out to the mountainside. Be sure to get a commercial vehicle insurance policy to protect you in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance Recommended Limits – $200,000 per claim / $1,500,000 aggregate
Like many other type of professionals that require insurance in Ontario, Canada, photographers are no different. You also need to get a sufficient amount of CGL insurance. This insurance is going to be very beneficial for protecting your business. It will ensure that you’re able to defend yourself in the event that someone gets injured at your office. It will also protect you from personal injury and damages elsewhere.
Commercial General Liability Insurance Recommended Limits – $1,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 aggregate
There is a good chance that you’re going to be storing your clients’ private pictures online. If this is the case, you need to understand that someone could easily hack your system and steal those pictures. This would be an invasion of privacy and it could severely impact your business. Getting cyber insurance will be able to protect you to some degree.
Cyber Insurance Recommended Limits – $100,000 per claim / $1,000,000 aggregate
Analyzing The Potential Costs
You need to understand that photographers PLI insurance prices can depend on many factors. You also must understand that the prices are going to deviate significantly from one business to another. Not everyone is going to pay the same amount. To ensure that you’re able to get the right price, you may need to contact a photographers professional liability insurance agent directly. They’ll be able to help you get a very accurate quote for the insurance that you need.
- Cyber Insurance – $15 a month
- CGL Insurance – $30 a month
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance – $50 a month
- Professional Liability Insurance – $40 a month
At the end of the day, you need to understand that the photographers professional insurance prices are going to change. The size of your business, your credit score and your location can make a huge difference. This is why we recommend getting in touch with us directly. You can easily and conveniently use the form on our website to obtain a quote within a short period of time. You may also contact our local offices directly via phone or emails.
We’ll make sure that you get the answers that you’re looking for. When you’re ready to get covered, you should definitely get in touch with us!
FAQ before purchasing photographers professional liability insurance
- How much professional liability insurance do I need as a photographer?
- How do I get a photographer insurance policy?
- What does photographers professional liability insurance cover?
- What is the difference between claims made & occurrence form of coverage?
- When will I need to be insured as a photographer?
- What other professions need this type of insurance?
Other useful posts you should also read
- Canadian insurance companies that provide professional liability insurance for photographers
- How does the claims process work if I get sued because of my photography services?
- What is the cost of photographers professional liability insurance?
- How do I apply for a photographer professional liability insurance policy?
- How do I qualify for coverage as a photographer?
- What is the purpose of getting insured as a photographer?
- How long will it take to get an insurance quote for my photography business?